Using case studies and experience running public sector digital engagement campaigns in the UK, Alastair will explain how to structure a campaign focused on outcomes and how to evaluate its progress. He will also share examples of engaging content and look at some of the approaches we can use to prompt action and change amongst online audiences.
In developing a digital engagement plan to support the widest ever consultation on the future of the BBC (the UK’s public service broadcaster), Alastair started by looking at the end goal and then designed simple ways of engaging with the audience and allowing them to contribute. By highlighting the techniques he used and how he modelled his approach on others in other industries he will set out an approach to planning meaningful digital engagement.
Key takeaways will include
- Define what it is you need what your audience to do
- Make it easy for them to do it
- Prompt them at timely intervals
- Help them advocate for you
- Focus on your calls to action
- Measure, evaluate and iterate your activity